Complaint Options

If you are under 25 and you are unsure about your rights or responsibilities or what to do next, you can get free, confidential legal advice here.

Navigate this page

Depending on which State or Territory you live in and the type of discrimination, bullying or harassment you have experienced, it may be appropriate to make a complaint to your state-based Anti-Discrimination Commission or Tribunal. 

See below for a list of Commissions and Tribunals in each state and territory that can deal with discrimination, bullying and harassment complaints, including sexual harassment.  

There are time limits on when you can make a complaint, and these can be as short as 21 days. That’s why it’s a good idea to get advice as soon as possible so that your complaint is valid.    

Complaint options for each State and Territory

Please contact the following organisations to find out more about their complaint processes:

Navigating this may seem overwhelming. If you are unsure where to make a complaint, please contact us here for free legal advice. 

People you can talk to for support 

If you would like to speak to someone about what is going on at work, we encourage you to contact one of the services we’ve listed below.  


eHeadspace offer free counselling to people aged 12 – 25. You can call them on 1800 650 890 (from 9am to 1am Australian Eastern Standard Time. You can also email or chat them online here.  

If you prefer to talk to someone face-to-face, you can make an appointment to visit a Headspace centre. You can find your local centre here.  

Kids Helpline  

You can call the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 for free and private counselling (available 24 hours a day, but there can be a wait to get through). They are happy to talk to young people between the ages of 5-25 years about anything that’s troubling them. You can also email them or chat online here.   

Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue provides free telephone and online counselling to anyone in Australia. You can call a counsellor on 1300 22 4636 or chat online here.   


Got a question you can't get answered?

If you have a problem or a question, you can send it to us today and we can provide you with free advice, information and referrals to help solve your problem. Just click on the button below.

Get help now

Select Your State or Territory

The law is different in each state and territory. Please select your state or territory to view legal information that applies to you.