Emergency Contacts

If you have a legal question, you can submit a request via our Get Help Now form here. If your situation is an emergency please call Triple Zero (000). 

Navigate this page

If you are in physical danger

If you are in immediate physical danger, call the police on Triple Zero (000) and get to a safe place, like a hospital or police station, if you can.  

If you need emergency accommodation

If you need crisis accommodation, you can contact these services for support.  

Entrypoint Perth 

Entrypoint Perth is a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Western Australia to access accommodation and support options. 

You can call them on 1800 124 684 (Monday to Friday from 9am – 7pm, and on Saturdays from 9am to 5pm) or make an online enquiry here 

Ask Izzy 

Ask Izzy is an online search tool that helps people find shelter, food, health and other critical support services. It is free and anonymous. 

You can access the tool 24/7 here. 

If you are unsafe at home

If you are in immediate danger, call the police on Triple Zero (000).  

Child Protection WA  

If you are unsafe at home, or concerned for the safety of another young person, you can call Child Protection WA to make a report. You can call them on 1800 273 889 or visit their website here 

Crisis Care Helpline  

For information, advice, support, and intervention for child protection concerns, family and domestic violence, and homelessness you can call the Crisis Care Helpline on 1800 199 008.  

If you are having a mental health crisis

If your situation is life-threatening, call Triple Zero (000) immediately or go to your nearest Emergency Department.  

Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL)  

The Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL) provides 24/7 telephone support for people experiencing a mental health crisis in the Perth metropolitan area. You can call them on 1300 555 788. 


Rurallink provides after-hours telephone support for people experiencing a mental health crisis in rural and regional Western Australia. You can call them on 1800 552 002 (from 4.30pm – 8.30am on weeknights, and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays).  


Lifeline offers 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention counselling on 13 11 14. You can also speak to a counsellor online 24/7 here 

Suicide Call Back Service  

The Suicide Call Back Service is a free national service that provides 24/7 counselling to people at risk of suicide or experiencing other emotional and mental health issues. Call them on 1300 659 467 or chat with them online here 

If you need support 

If you need mental health support and counselling, you can contact the services below.  


1800RESPECT is a counselling and support service for people who have experienced sexual assault or domestic and family violence. You can call them 24 hours a day on 1800 737 732 or chat to them online here 

Kids Helpline 

You can call the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 for free and private counselling (available 24 hours a day, but there can be a wait to get through). They are happy to talk to young people between the ages of 5-25 years about anything that’s troubling them. You can also email them or chat online here.  

Beyond Blue  

Beyond Blue provides free telephone and online counselling to anyone in Australia. You can call a counsellor on 1300 22 4636 or chat online here 


13YARN is a 24/7 crisis support line for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people nation-wide. Call them on 13 92 76 or visit their website here 


QLife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people in Australia wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. You can call them on 1800 184 527 (3pm to midnight each day) or chat to them online here. 

Butterfly Foundation  

The Butterfly Foundation provide phone and online counselling and support for people experiencing eating disorders and body image issues. You can call them from 8am – midnight on 1800 33 4673 or chat to them online here 


Griefline provides telephone support to anyone experiencing grief or loss. You can call them on 1300 845 745 from 8am to 8pm (AEDT) or visit their website here. 

Got a question you can't get answered?

If you have a problem or a question, you can send it to us today and we can provide you with free advice, information and referrals to help solve your problem. Just click on the button below.

Get help now

Select Your State or Territory

The law is different in each state and territory. Please select your state or territory to view legal information that applies to you.